Mr. Bone's 5th Grade Class
Welcome to Mr. Bone's 5th Grade class website! On this page you will find our weekly update as well as any important announcements! You can find our other pages on the right hand side of the screen!
- October 19th: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 25th-29th: Red Ribbon Week
- Monday - Wear bright colors
- Tuesday - Dress like a "nerd"
- Wednesday - Wear camouflage
- Thursday - Wear Plaid
- Friday - Wear red or SCE gear
- October 27th: Picture Day (bring a change of clothes if you don't want your child to wear camouflage in their photo)
- November 4th: Progress Report
"Books are mirrors, windows, and sliding glass doors." ~ Dr. Rudine Sims Bishop
Week of October 18th-22nd:
This week we will be learning about...
- Comparing and contrasting two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in a text.
- Determining a theme or central idea of a story, drama, or poem and explaining how it is conveyed through details in the text; summarizing the text.
- Finding whole-number quotients and remainders of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division. Illustrating and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
- Explaining that differences in apparent brightness of the sun compared to other stars are due to their relative distances from the Earth.
- Social Studies
- Explaining the significance of each aspect of or figure in the Watauga Settlement on Tennessee history: Dragging Canoe, John Sevier, Nancy Ward and Watauga Compact.